AIM OF THE PROJECT
Project: “ Green schools, Cleaner
environment, Healthier life “
The Aim of the Project: “Green schools, Cleaner environment, Healthier life“ is to increase the level of the ecological knowledge of the primary schools from Struga ,Ohrid ,Bitola, Prilep, Pogradec and Korca.
- Through addressing the issues of
insufficient environmental awareness and behavior among the primary schools in
Albania, and Macedonia, with a specific focus on energy, waste and water
degradation, the project aims at reaching a wider community in the targeted
region. Apart from educational and awareness issues, the Project: “Green schools, Cleaner environment, Healthier life“ is expected
directly to address also the actual environmental conditions at the school
level through the actions undertaken by the students, guided by a developed
project methodology and assisted by the involved NGOs.
- It strives to increase environmental awareness of pupils, staff and communities and to improve school environments through this. The schools are given the opportunity to create links with other schools, nationally and internationally, giving them the chance to share environmental education ideas and creating a means for cultural exchange.
The objectives of the Project are:
- Improved curricula on environmental issues related to energy, waste and water in 16 schools
- Schools capacities to implement the Manual and competences enhanced;
- Behavior changed and more environmental friendly attitude in schools;
- Better environmental performance in schools through small competitions and campaigning;
- Increased cooperation among schools, parents, communities;
- Increased regional dialogue and networking through a Cross-Border Regional Eco- Schools Network.