1. School Selection
The Project, "Green schools, Cleaner environment, Healthier life" started with implementation in September 2013 in 16 primary schools of the region, and is part of the Cross- border cooperation between this two developing contries.
The selection of the schools in each country was made by the following criteria:
- School of city municipality that is part of the regions covered on the Project;
- Demonstrated commitment for school leadership ;
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching staff educated on environmental initiatives;
- Demonstrated portfolio of successfully implemented environmental actions;
- Demonstrated commitment of the teachers to actively involve students in managing issues related to school;
- Establish links with parents, local authorities and the media, and other local stakeholders.
Based on the criteria, the Project committee, chose who will be involved in this project.